RULES AND REGULATIONS REGARDING SPECIAL ARCHERY HUNT FOR 2016-17
This hunt is open to Clark County Residents and property owners ONLY
(Must register in advance see #2 and #3)
- Hunters that did not turn in their Harvest Card from 2015-16 will not have hunting privileges for 2016-17. They will have their eligibility reinstated for 2017-18.
- Resident Hunters must register in advance at the OFFICE and receive a harvest card and wallet card prior to hunting.
- EARN-A-BUCK-PROGRAM- All hunters must first harvest a doe (Antlerless button bucks do not qualify as a verified harvest for the Buck allowance) and MUST have it verified by the district staff. Park District staff must confirm and note the harvest on the Harvest Card to allow for the Buck to be harvested.
- Hunting must take place from a stationary location, NO stalking is allowed.
- Hunting from blinds and removable stands is allowed (Climbers and ladder). STANDS MUST BE REMOVED at the end of each day of hunting or they will be confiscated.
- No trees may be removed or pruned to allow for shooting lanes. Any destruction of plant material is a violation of the Clark County Park District Ordinances and will be subject to fines and loss of hunting privileges for a term of one year.
- Hunters must have in their possession their harvest card while in the field, and present this to District Staff upon request. Hunters must display their windshield card in their vehicle anytime they are in the field. Failure to carry and display this information may result in expulsion for the hunting season.
- Hunters under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Hunters will be allowed to harvest Turkeys during the Archery season as it applies to IDNR rules and season regulations and permits held by the hunter.
- Hunters will be allowed to Harvest Squirrels on the ground only. Anyone caught shooting into trees will be removed from the park and will be permanently barred from hunting on the Districts property. Squirrel season dates, rules and regulations will correspond with the IDNR and hunting will only be allowed during the Park Open Archery dates listed.
- Hunters must mail or deliver their completed harvest card to the Clark County Park District by February 14, 2017 to be eligible to sign up for the Hunt for the 2017-2018 season.
- All Illinois Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations apply to this hunt, please see the Illinois Digest of Hunting Regulations for further information.
- Open dates: There are three areas that will be open for hunting, it is important that you note the opening dates listed for each location. Closed during Shotgun Season dates of Nov. 22-24, Dec. 5-8.
- Mill Creek park will be open for Archery hunting November 1, 2016 Through January 19,2017.
- Mill Creek Lake Dam area will open for Archery hunting October 1, 2016 through January 19, 2017.
- ATV Trail area will be open for Archery hunting November 1, 2016 through January 19, 2017.
- NO Archery Hunting is allowed on any other areas of the Clark County Park District property other than as listed above.
FOR THE DATES LISTED; ALL AREAS ARE CLOSED DURING THE SHOTGUN SEASON DATES AS LISTED IN THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES HUNTING REGULATIONS.