2016 Waterfowl Hunting
Clark County Park District
Mill Creek Park
1. Waterfowl hunting registration is open to all resident and non-resident hunters. Hunters must register at the park office before their first hunt.
2. All Boat Launch fees apply during Waterfowl season.
3. For Water Hunting, boat blinds or temporary shore blinds with recovery boat must be present. Temporary blinds must be taken down at the end of each day's hunting.
4. All waterfowl hunting parties must use at least 12 decoys and hunt at least 200 yards from the next party.
5. Persons under 16 years of age shall not hunt, or attempt to hunt, unless accompanied by an adult
6. No person shall fish within 200 yards of an occupied blind.
7. Cutting of natural vegetation for any purpose without prior approval from the Clark County Park District is prohibited.
8. All hunters are required to register at the Clark County Park District office in advance of their hunt. Registrants will be issued a Harvest card that must be returned to the CCPD by February 14, 2017.
9. There will be a duly posted waterfowl refuge located at Seven-Mile (Guyer Cove) Creek. This area will be closed to hunting during the waterfowl season and is marked by round buoys.
10. There will be no hunting in the no wake area at the boat launch.
11. The above special regulations are in addition tofor waterfowl hunting.
12. Season Dates.
a. Waterfowl dates will correspond to State Season dates for all species of waterfowl for the Central Zone for Illinois. The exception to this will be: EARLY GOOSE SEASON
and TEAL SEASON DATES: In conjunction with the early goose season dates but limited by usage of this activity with boating over the holiday weekend. Mill Creek Lake will allow hunting for Canada geese during the time that the season is normally open to only include the dates of
SEPTEMBER 3-SEPTEMBER 14, 2013. Legal hunting times listed in the IDNR Hunting Digest apply to the early Goose season and Teal Season. State and Federal regulations apply.
b. TEAL SEASON for Mill Creek Lake will run September 7 – September 22, 2016 as stated in accordance with the rules listed in the IDNR Hunting Digest.
c. YOUTH SEASON dates run concurrent with the Central Zone in Illinois, all state and federal rules apply.
d. DUCK AND GOOSE SEASON DATES for Mill Creek run concurrent with the Central Zone in Illinois, all state and federal rules apply. During the regular duck and goose season, hunting hours will be from ½ hour before sunrise to noon.
*There will be no refuge area designated for the Early Goose Season in #9 above, all other no hunting areas apply during this early season.
13. Field hunting will be allowed on areas owned by the Clark County Park District. A map of these areas will be available at the park office. Hunters must hunt within 30 yards of the field posts at these locations.
Anyone hunting from outside an area not designated for hunting in the field will have their hunting privileges for Clark County Park District removed. Shotguns must be carried to the blind in a case.